August 8, 2022
As we prepare to return for the 2022-2023 school year, it is time to review the Sonoma County Department of Public Health guidelines (SCPH) for COVID-19 mitigation in schools. It should be noted that the California Department of Public Health has not updated their guidance for the 2022-2023 school year at this time. If changes to protocol are required, the HCS COVID-19 Safety Plan will be updated accordingly.
- Currently, the CDPH guidelines for K-12 Schools released at the end of June 2022 remain in effect and are unchanged for the start of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Sonoma County Department of Public Health recommends that all students be home tested for COVID-19 prior to returning to campus. Best practice is to test within 3 days of return.
- Test kits are currently available at the school office for each student.
- The Sonoma County Department of Public Health encourages the wearing of masks indoors, but they are not required.
- All positive COVID tests must be reported to HCS throughout the 2022-2023 school year, unless this requirement from SCDPH is changed.
- Harvest Christian School's Fall 2022 COVID-19 Safety Plan can be viewed here: HCS_August_2022_COVID_Safety_Plan