Statement of Faith
Harvest Christian School serves faithful parents in educating and shaping students to joyfully pursue the Truth, Goodness, and Beauty found in Christ, within a distinctively classical education.
Statement of Faith
The following is the official statement of faith affirmed by the school:
- We believe the Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God, inerrant and infallible, and the final authority in matters of faith and practice. (II Timothy 3:16, II Peter 1:19-21)
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Exodus 20:2&3, Matthew 28:19)
- We believe God created all things out of nothing, by His spoken word, according to the historical account of creation recorded in Genesis 1 and 2.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal return in power and glory. (Hebrews 1:2, Matthew 1:21-23, Colossians 3:1)
- We believe that for the salvation of the lost and sinful, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary. (John 3:5)
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- We believe that faith without works is dead. (James 2:17)
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. (Romans 8:14-27, Galatians 5:22-23)
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved to the resurrection of life and they that are lost to the resurrection of damnation. (John 5:28, I Corinthians 15:52-53, Revelation 20:12-15)
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, who ordinarily are organized in particular congregations that are engaged in the work of the church, including worship, discipleship, and evangelism, through the means given by God, especially the Word, ordinances, and prayer. (I Corinthians 11-14)
Harvest Christian School…
admits students of any race, color, or national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to the students of the school. HCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and other school administered programs.